Windows Media Center in New Zealand - update?

Howdy,

I just read the post on WMC in NZ and found it to be a bit old, and also a bit issolated (not too many other related) posts. Has the interest in this topic flagged?

- Deck

Blog Entries
    Well, sort of. Interest in the topic did wane somewhat after I wrote that article. I think the main problem was that WMC wasn't easy to set up with Sky and didn't support Freeview in any meaningful way. I believe it's better now but still not perfect.

I'm still using WMC myself but I'm considering going with MyFreeView instead. I'd still like to try integrating WMC with Freeview and I'm keen to hear how other people have got on doing this.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi there,

I have the same problem. I do not get a signal here so I tried to change the value of the MaxChannel. Problem is that it won't let me save the changes saying I have no right to do so. Any other idea how I can get WMC running?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Sounds a bit like the Vista permission problem. If so you should be able to fix it by logging in as Administrator. Personally I can't be bothered with that so I used to get around the problem by renaming the original file, then making a copy and naming the copy with the original name. Hope that makes sense.

BTW a friend of mine is running WMC with Freeview HD (UHF) which apparently works fine out of the box. I'm going to give that a try as soon as I find time.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com