Help to Put my Wedding Video into the DVD?

Hi all,

I am newbie here and want to ask for suggestions.
    It was some days ago, a wonderful wedding hold on a romantic beach. Following a video has been recorded as an unforgettable memory.
    My hard options are that which I should choose to keep the video into DVD? To find a Professional Maker or to Download a Program making By Myself? so confused

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Hi Haily,

Welcome to MediaCollege!

So, you have a video (VHS/tape) recording of your wedding, and you want to transfer everything over onto a DVD so that it lasts longer, correct?

There are many options available to you, like you mentioned:

- Easy way: Pay someone to do it (this could be a family friend, but if this is your only copy of the wedding, if it were me, I'd pay a professional to do it!)
    - Usually Easy: Go down the home product route - depending on where you live, there'll be "that store" that sells things like this, possibly a tech shop, possibly a more general sort of store - you'll be looking for something that contains all the kit and software needed to do what you're looking for.
    - Needs some fiddling about, but with the right help (hint hint) should be OK: The DIY route - if you have a decent computer, with the correct ports on the back, and a video player, there are various pieces of software available to simply record the output from your player onto a file on your computer. After this, with virtually no more work, you can put this file onto a DVD using something like Nero (I'd recommend this for you, but for anyone that does this regularly, you'll need something more 'heavyweight'.)

Decide which route you want to go down, and we'll be happy to help you further!

Hi Haily

If it was some days ago I would assume that someone recorded it on a camcorder and now you want to take it off the camcorder and put it onto DVD.

Your very first step will be to find out what camcorder was used for the recording. Did it record onto tape, onto the camcorder's drive or onto a card???

Once we know what the camera model is (ideally) and the format of the recording then we will be in a much better position to help you decide how to go about the transfer.

Try to find out the make and model of the camcorder first..that will usually give us an idea of the format!! THEN we can offer assistance

Chris

* Cheers Chris - missed that actually, "some days ago" - makes more sense now!!!

Quote: lake54
    View Post
    Hi Haily,

Welcome to MediaCollege!

So, you have a video (VHS/tape) recording of your wedding, and you want to transfer everything over onto a DVD so that it lasts longer, correct?

There are many options available to you, like you mentioned:

- Easy way: Pay someone to do it (this could be a family friend, but if this is your only copy of the wedding, if it were me, I'd pay a professional to do it!)
    - Usually Easy: Go down the home product route - depending on where you live, there'll be "that store" that sells things like this, possibly a tech shop, possibly a more general sort of store - you'll be looking for something that contains all the kit and software needed to do what you're looking for.
    - Needs some fiddling about, but with the right help (hint hint) should be OK: The DIY route - if you have a decent computer, with the correct ports on the back, and a video player, there are various pieces of software available to simply record the output from your player onto a file on your computer. After this, with virtually no more work, you can put this file onto a DVD using something like Nero (I'd recommend this for you, but for anyone that does this regularly, you'll need something more 'heavyweight'.)

Decide which route you want to go down, and we'll be happy to help you further!
    thank you. yeah, i want to keep this memory last life long or longer. and those three routes are nice. The DIY route is special. i'll try to find some useful and professional software.

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Hi Haily

If it was some days ago I would assume that someone recorded it on a camcorder and now you want to take it off the camcorder and put it onto DVD.

Your very first step will be to find out what camcorder was used for the recording. Did it record onto tape, onto the camcorder's drive or onto a card???

Once we know what the camera model is (ideally) and the format of the recording then we will be in a much better position to help you decide how to go about the transfer.

Try to find out the make and model of the camcorder first..that will usually give us an idea of the format!! THEN we can offer assistance

Chris
    thank you, Chris. you remind me of that point. the origional format is MKV. and i forget to tell you that i've already put it to my computer. So, i 'll take the DIY route lake54 recommended.
    then this problem comes to which software i should choose. and Nero seems to work.

Whoah whoah whoah!

You don't need my DIY route if you already have the files on your computer!!!

You can just simply use Nero or a video editor (such as Windows Movie Maker, installed by default on all Windows systems XP and newer) to literally drag and drop them into an order you wish.

James

Quote: lake54
    View Post
    Whoah whoah whoah!

You don't need my DIY route if you already have the files on your computer!!!

You can just simply use Nero or a video editor (such as Windows Movie Maker, installed by default on all Windows systems XP and newer) to literally drag and drop them into an order you wish.

James
    Got it. thank you very much, James. I came across a misstake in converting with Nero. hmmmm, unknown reason. and alreadly find out one named Winx hd video converter deluxe. Google is really powerful.