Does using only one speaker make it sound wrong ?

I run the soundboard at my local church, not because I have experience or training but because I actually show up every service, problem is we recently downsized from 2 18" mains with 4 monitors in a fairly big room to a tiny 20'x25' room where I'm only running 1 acustic guitar(XLR direct to board), 2 wireless mic's and a lapel through one channel output into a small monitor. It's incredable bassy (is that a word? Bassy, Bassie) you know what I mean it has way to much bass. I have to turn the bass control on the board all the way down and the hi's up to the 3 o'clock position. The wierd thing is the guitar does'nt have this problem.

Doubt it has anything to do with one speaker. There are many thousands of 1-speaker systems that sound fine.

2 things come to mind. First, are the wireless mics a hand-held unidirectional type? Directional mics exhibit a lot of bass boost when used close-up. Some mics have built-in bass rolloff to compensate, but not all.

Second, is the speaker in a corner? Monitors are often designed to give flat response when positioned in free space. If you put one against a wall, you'll get a little bass boost; if you put it in a corner you'll get more. Not necessarily a bad idea, because turning down the bass to compensate saves power and makes the speaker work less hard. A small monitor really isn't intended to fill a room and this may be good luck in disguise.

No surprise that the guitar doesn't show the big boost. If it's just the wireless mics, you can buy in-line low-frequency attenuators that go between the receiver and the mixer.

Thanks karl, Yes it is in a corner, You really know what your talking about. I really appreciate the help.
    Oh and it seems like good luck is always in disquise for me. So for the most part what your saying is Live with it. Unless I can find a way to get my hands on some in-line low-frequency attuenuators, whatever the heck those are I am having a ton of fun learning this stuff.

You could try temporarily moving the speaker. There are lots of options that cost money, but that one's free.

If that doesn't work you have either a bad plug or one bad speaker or the plug is not fully inserted or the speakers a just incompatible with the laptop. You might test the speakers on another computer.