Posting Private Audio Files on Website

I'm a member of non-traditional church (spiritual community). I'm recording audio (and video) for my organization's classes so those who can't come to the class can have access to them via the internet.

We want to keep access limited and private, not public. Can anyone give suggestions for the best way to put the audio content privately on the internet? And the video? We have a website. My idea was to put the audio files on password protected pages. The video files, because of the size are another matter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

carmen

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Hi Carmen

Does the website have software called cPanel or some other frontend for an administrator? In cPanel, you can easily create what we called .HTACCESS protected directories. If it doesn't, or you would prefer to do it manually, let us know, because it can be quite tricky. There are some good tutorials out on the Internet though.

Essentially when someone goes to the protected directory, you get a simple browser prompt for a username and password.

James

James, thanks for your help. I'll look into how the website is set up.

Carmen

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    No problem Carmen; any luck?

Hey, thanks James for asking, but things are on hold temporarily...I'll be able to get back to it in a couple weeks... :-)