Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipad

Blog Entries

Ipad

I just bought this a few days ago as my final blow out to my 5-Ohhh celebration in July. I would have gotten it sooner but I've been sick most of last week. Anyway... so many little tools to play around with and take advantage of new technology with old school needs. I feel like a little kid re-inventing the wheel for myself to find new uses.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Nice stuff!

I am keen to get it for only two reasons
    1. Read ebooks
    2. Presentations for potential clients
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    I'm jealous. A friend just bought one and I have to say it looks like a lot of fun. I actually quite like the idea of wall-mounting a few of them in my office!

Happy belated birthday BTW. I hope the 50s are treating you well so far.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Nice - I think for people that don't already have an iPod Touch/iPhone, iPads are great. Owning an iPhone, I don't feel it'd be beneficial for me - because the only difference would be the larger screen.

The iPad is certainly a nice bit of kit :-)

And Dave - I'm sure you could get Apple Australia to send you a test iPad for reviewing on the new MC channel :-D

I purchased the iPad to show clients our videos in meetings and to use as an Auto Q (free App called i-Prompt).
    Josh Rockman
    My Video Website

Blog Entries
    Quote: joshrockman
    View Post
    I purchased the iPad to show clients our videos in meetings and to use as an Auto Q (free App called i-Prompt).
    Someone showed me the i-Prompt and I'm amazed. I'm hoping to impress the right people to use it while out in the field.

There's a conflict at work, where they use Flash for some content. I'm not sure how or what other ways to use those contents and use the iPad, given the current situation.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    I also ended up getting an IPad last year to use as a prompter. I went with ProPrompter and I'm very happy with it. What a great way to justify buying an IPad and IPhone in one go! I'm planning to make a quick video about it some time. I'd also be interested to hear about other people's experiences with similar apps.

Of course now there's the IPad 2 and mine doesn't seem quite as sexy any more. Oh well...
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries

New App

There's a new browser app for the iPad that will play Flash. Check it out in the Apps store - iSwifter.
    SC358

I've wanted to put together an extensive list of all the pro video uses for the iPad with example applications. This seems like a possible thread to crowd source some additional ideas if anyone is willing. I need to come up with both categories and app names. Some examples would be:

Use an iPad as a slate on set with Movie Slate, DSLR Slate, Clapboard Slate, Hukilau Slate, or Clapboard
    Use an iPad as a teleprompter with PrompterPal, Pro Promper SpeechPrompter, Telepropmt+
    Use an iPad as the control pannel for a Broadcast Pix switcher with iPixPanel
    Use an iPad as the GUI for a Blackmagic video router with Blackmagic Videohub
    Etc.

I need to find the notes I had started with other suggestions, but in the meantime, is anyone willing to throw some more suggestions out? Hey - and if you have an idea for an app you'd like to see developed and don't mind sharing it, feel free to throw that in as well.

Allan Barnwell

Blog Entries
    I can probably promote some of the production apps but I have no idea how willing any producer/director may be to use these tools. I know that my company will be purchasing Black Magic's Video Hub which will use a couple of iPads as a routing control panel. This should prove interesting but we won't have it til July.

On a personal basis, I've been using something called, AUDIO TOOL, by Studio Six Digital. I usually use my iPad or iPod to test audio systems by using a tone generator and then playing music. There's less than a handful of people that plays music at my job, but I am the only one who can play it the loudest. When they do hear it, many know it's me and that I'm somewhere close by.

The one tool I'm curious about is, if an iPad is powerful enough to work as a 200MHz oscilloscope?
    SC358

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast