Thread: Sound Upgrade

obegun

Sound Upgrade

Hie guys and thank you for all the sound advice you give.

I am doing sound in our church and recently my pastor asked me what we need to upgrade our sound. Here is how my sound is currently set up;
    I use a YAMAHA EMX5000 mixer(powered mixer), 4 JBL mid-range speakers(powered speakers). My mixer sends a sound signal to the two main speakers and the other two speakers pick up the sound from the output XLR connectors of the main speakers.

I have no bass bins or amplifiers or platform monitors for reference. What do you think i need to get to beef up this sound. The instruments we play are a Bass guitar, Lead guitar, Keyboard, Drums and about 9 microphones.

Kind Regards.

Blog Entries
    Quote: obegun
    View Post
    What do you think i need to get to beef up this sound. The instruments we play are a Bass guitar, Lead guitar, Keyboard, Drums and about 9 microphones.
    I wish I could help you but I cannot judge. You'd need to give some details as far as the space of the room - width, length, floor to ceiling height, balcony, floor carpeted or hard surface, speaker placement, pews or individual chairs, with or without cushions or clothe covering, audience size, how do the musicians hear the other instruments and the singers? Any external sounds that may interfere whether doors and/or windows are open or closed?

What do you think? What does your audience think? Do they/you hear all the instruments and singers? Do they/you hear the spiritual leader clearly?

So even if you gave all those details, it's hard for anybody to judge because no one has experienced the sound you have. And one thing to remember, sometimes less is more.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

It is nice to find a site about my interest. My first visit to your site is been a big help. Thank you for the efforts you been putting on making your site such an interesting and informative place to browse through. Iíll be visiting your site again to gather some more valuable information. You truly did a good job.