Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar

Encore and Transcoding

I've been editing a project together for a while, and set it off into Encore. All is fine, except at the end I have the following:

- Credits title
    - Credits title

Both are exactly the same file (i.e. I've just dragged them on twice and edited effects/options), and layered on top of a slow motion, half opacity video. The first title is an instance of the second, just held on the first frame. The second, is the credits with the Ease-in setting enabled - this gives me, together, a static start to the credits, with a very smooth intro to it.

Once in Encore, this static section comes across as a total mess - almost flickering, but static, i.e. it's flickered once and stays there for that section.

I've removed that static title and just extended the ease-in time for the credits, but now in Encore, how do I re-transcode the file? I can't seem to see an option on how to do it?

I'd appreciate an answer so I can get this transcoding tonight (took a good few hours last time!!!) and it has to be in on Wednesday (to do with a project).

Many thanks,

James

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Think I might have found it after nearly messing up the project - right click, Revert to Original. It now states it as being untranscoded. Never have I been happier to be about to wait another 6 hours whilst something transcodes :-D

Blog Entries
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but you got it anyway. Six hours sucks a bit though
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com