SONY DXC-537P w PVV-1P Not playing back

Hi all,
    I am really glad to have found this site + forum...
    we are just starting out on production for TV and just bought a used DXC-537P Docked with a PVV-1P recorder (BETACAM SP). Unfortunately it did not come with a Manual and I have not been able to find one online.

It works fine and records fine but I have not been able to get it to playback what we record on an external monitor or as an output we can capture. Does the PVV-1P require a playback adapter or is there something I am missing. I am using a BNC output (have tried both the VIDEO OUT and ENCODE VIDEO OUT). The monitor shows what the camera is shooting but on playback, it only shows in the viewfinder and not on the monitor.
    Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Mwelwa

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Wow that's a beast of a camera compared to the ones these days!

Having never used cameras like this (i.e. separate VTRs), I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'd imagine if it's being outputted at any point successfully, then it's either a toggle switch in a menu on the camera, or a limitation of the camera/VTR in which you can't output video whilst playing back.

James

Hi Mwelwa, A playback adaptor is required like on the bvw300, bvw400 cameras etc. They are on ebay from time tot time, between 40- 100.