Need help with sound

I have a L2000 samson board. We are doing live music. We have four mics and two of them run into different processors which are hooked up from mic to processor to snake to board. Problem is vocals are all over to loud, just hard to controll. Question is can I take one processor (ve20) and have all mics go thru that. Board has three aux sends a effects send and stereo return. No matter how I hook it up I cant get both monitors and mains to be processed. Oh I run aux 1 for 2 monitors and aux 2 for two monitors.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum Randy1636,

You can only use one processor for one microphone at a time, since each voice is unique.

Please confirm your wiring is such:
    mic--->processor--->mixing board input

It's possible you still need additional basic processors (limiter/compressor) for each vocal to help with the loudness problem. This way you don't have to constantly ride your levels.

I have a two-step adjustment for you to try to help with your loudness problem. First only use the musicians audio monitors and set them up so everybody is happy at a minimum volume setting. Second step is to adjust your Front of House audio to where it sounds right. Hopefully, you'll get a better result.

Let us know how things go.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

If this is your board: http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...2003&brandID=2 Then I would recommend using the 'insert' for the processors.

If you have a unit that is only used on one channel, the insert is a great way to , uh, insert it in-line.. Using a single-point insert cable (One stereo 1/4" Male end sends and receives signal from two mono 1/4" Male ends, and it allows you to send the channels signal out directly after the gain knob and then return the processed signal into the channel before you tweak the EQ or assign it to the monitors..

If this is any kind of effect processor, then you are doing it wrong. insert is best used for compression, graphic EQ or mic preamps... for effects, a post-fader send ( or in this case, the board's 'EFX OUT'... ) is your best bet, so you can use the same effect for multiple channels (if that is desired)

Blog Entries
    I totally overlooked and forgot about using the 'insert' point. Thanks for mentioning it Bassred.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Live sound with mics

Hello and thanks for getting back to me. Still haviing trouble. I hooked up the voice proocessor to effect send and back into stereo return. What happenens is I only get effects on FOH. Just seems like no matter how i hook it up I cant get effects in mons and mains. Now I called the company and was told to buy a mic mixer come out of the mixer into the processor into a channel. I did that works ok but I am coming back into the xlr mic in, Is that ok???? One thing I did notice is I have to turn the gain off on that channel. The mic mixer is a mono 5 channel whirlwind. Any help would be great Thanks Randy

Basically what happens is the volume doesn't work. It is either extremely loud, or it is muted. This problem never showed up in Ubuntu 9.04 and I was wondering how I might get alternative/older sound drivers loaded or perhaps more generally troubleshooting some other settings.

I'm not sure why you would need another mixer.. Have you investigated the mixer to see if it has an 'insert' on the channels? This would be the correct way to get what you are looking for.

Many stereo returns offer to route the signal to monitors, too. I'm just a little confused as to what mixer you actually have.Without confirmation of the actual equipment, I fear that no one will be able to assist you further.