Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar

Encore - not having audio?

Used Dynamic Link to send a project to Encore (from Premiere Pro, all CS4), and whilst the audio works fine in PP, there is none to be seen in Encore. Previewing in (Encore's) Monitor shows none, and when I build the project, there is none. However, it still 'conforms' the audio during the last stage.

Having a delve into the inner depths of my project folder for Encore, I look in Sources\Video, which showed a Silence.ac3 file, along with a couple of other small videos and a black template image - I don't know if these are present in every project or not, but could this mean something?

I then also looked in Sources\Transcodes\{Latest Project Revision}\ and found {Project}.ac3, {Project}.ses_V011, {Project}_video.m2v, and a couple of other video-specific files.

When I loaded up the video file (m2v), that plays fine (with no audio). And when I load up the audio file (which is around 25 MB, compared to the 1GB video file - it's about 17:30 of stuff), it plays silence too.

I'm guessing it's a tickbox or incompatibility somewhere either in Encore or Premiere, but I haven't been able to find a viable one yet (and it's worked before in other projects, which is odd...)

Any torches to shed some light on this?

James

What audio settings are you using in premiere? You may have to render out AC3 audio to use in Encore... (I'm not sure the specifics as I haven't touched Premiere since around the time that CS3 came out)
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Hi Eric,

I'm not in front of the project right now, but the sequence settings were consistent throughout and I've used them before, so I don't think it was the sequence ones. In terms of audio filetypes, I've got MP3s and WAVs in there, plus camera audio, which I believe would be MPEG4.

I'll try the exporting to AC3 and see what happens.

My client is getting a bit anxious for the DVD, and I'm tired of leaving my PC on overnight to fail to do the build each time :-/

I'll reply back with the specific audio settings if the AC3 export and merge kafuffle doesn't work

James