Adding frame to video

Hi everyone

I have a few short videos of my grandaughter and i want to join them together and load them as a looping screensaver. Unfortunately the date and time appears near the bottom. I would like to add a frame to cover these details and write her name along the top, or bottom. I have a tool to join them but i haven't tried it yet. I made a copy of the shortest one to test and used a patch tool but it left a mark so i came up with this frame idea as i thought covering it would be better than removing it. I am very new to video editing so it will be much appreciated if someone can give me clear step by step instructions.

Many thanks

Hi hawklord9,

Without knowing what your editing on is difficult to offer step by step instructions...but a simple way of placing a frame/boarder on your video would be to crop all sides or just the bottom. Other ideas are to place a rectangle over the date and time, then simply type what ever you want over it. You could also blow up (scale) the picture.
    Josh Rockman
    My Video Website

Hi
    Thanks for the quick reply. All my videos are MPEG. I would prefer the cropping the bottom off idea, then maybe add something that looks like a wooden picture frame to tidy it up. Can you explain how to do this please.