PZMs and theater recording

I have an upcomming theater production that will be preformed without house mics.
    I will be recording it with 3-4 cameras and I intend to mic the stage with 2 PZM mics, one to each front left and right camera.
    Would it be best to attach the mics to a 1 meter square piece of hardboard and rest this at the left and right edges of the stage on top of a foam barrier to limit stage footfalls, doors slamming, etc. or is there another option that I should consider?
    The rear cameras will use shotgun mics, but the delay and echo may prohibit use in the final video.
    Normally I would capture house audio directly from the board to a rear camera, but this wont be an option this time. Let me know if you guys/gals have any advice.
    Thanks

Is there any way to use the shotguns on the front cameras? I would go for the shotties up front with the PZM's to one of the camera's in the back or to a digital recording unit, then you'll just have to sync up the audio from the PZM's to the audio from the shotguns in post. What kind of equipment do you have available? That would actually be more help than speculation...

I have 3 Canon GL2 camcorders and several Relistic PZMs. The Audio cables I have at this time will not reach the back of the theater. I will however look at this option for future productions. What do you think about the isolation idea? is it sound? (pun intended).

Blog Entries
    Quote: Bassred
    View Post
    Is there any way to use the shotguns on the front cameras? I would go for the shotties up front with the PZM's to one of the camera's in the back or to a digital recording unit, then you'll just have to sync up the audio from the PZM's to the audio from the shotguns in post.
    I like that solution. How about putting the PZMs at the foot of the stage (if possible) rather than the back? I'd use the back as my only option.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.