Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello To All

Hello To All

Hello to everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm new to the site. I work for a small full service media and production company that specializes in production, videography, and photography. We use a Panasonic HPX500, a Panasonic HPX 170, a Sony HDR FX-FX1, and a Canon 5D MKII. I look forward to learning from everyone here as well as providing any helpful information I can. Thanks!

Ryan Lesch

Blog Entries
    Greetings Ryan,

By any chance, have you used the Canon 5D for video? I'm sure this forum would like to read some experiences, if any.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Ryan (or anyone reading this thread) - I'm sorry this replay is so late from your original posting, but since you mentioned the HPX500 and HPX170 I thought I should let everyone know that I specialize in the broadcast cameras. Many users on this forum are using sub $2000 cameras - and I can certainly relate, but for those who are using cameras above that amount, I'll be happy to field questions. I have relationships with all the manufacturers, so I can track down someone if I can't answer a question myself.

Allan Barnwell

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    The HPX500 - very nice camera!

I agree - the HPX500 was positioned well by Panasonic. But the new HPX370 is a very good alternative with AVCIntra recording. And Panasonic has a really big rebate promotion going that brings the final cost way down - they have to with all the competition out there in that price range. It's easy to get into a big debate about 1/2 vs 1/3 lenses or 4:2:2 vs 4:2:0 recording trade-offs. I think many people are either Sony, Panasonic, or Canon loyal - and it is difficult to give them a technical reason to abandon their brand loyalty. Not that brand loyalty is a bad thing, there are definitely differences between the manufactures that can divide customers. It reminds me at times of the PC/Apple user debates.

Hey there,this is Mark,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here,I look forward to getting some inspiration and getting to know all of you.

I am too new here.

I'm also a newbie!
    Good to meet you!

What a coincidence! I'm a newbie as well!
    Hi, guys! Good to see you!
    _______

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast