image on a Website layout

Hi guys.
    I need to create a Website layout for a friend who lives far from me. On this design, there must be text and a picture. I have used Illustrator CS3 to design an item (a piece of furniture for example) and I would like to have the picture of it on the layout (home page of the Website).
    I have found very interesting what is written on this site about image inside a layout: it cleared things up.
    Can you confirm I can use Photoshop to design the layout (header, black background with gradients etc...) and send the result to my friend and I will send the picture of the furniture apart and he will incorporate the picture with CSS code (or html code)?
    When I export the .ai file to have it ready to be used for the Website, what is the best "export method"?
    thanks for your help

Blog Entries
    That's a fairly standard way of working together on design & development - plenty of people do just what you're suggesting. I guess the question is whether your friend is comfortable taking your design and converting it to web-friendly HTML and CSS. Only he can answer that question.

As for exporting, there are two options (at least in CS5, not so sure about CS3): File > Export and File > Save for Web & Devices. The second option is probably better as it gives you more options. The format you save it as will depend on the type of image but most likely you'll want to export as a JPG (that's usually best for photos).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks Dave