Industry standard software?

Can anyone advise what is the industry standard for character generators, paint and animation systems in television?

I use Pinnacle's Deko line for CG

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/broadcast...58&Langue_ID=7

Adobe is a good starting point for painting and animation
    www.adobe.com

Also try www.avid.com the station uses there stuff, but I have not used it in my department.

Blessings,
    James E.

Blog Entries
    Chyron is very common. According to their publicity they are "the industry leader with the world's largest installed base of broadcast-quality character generators, still/clip servers, graphics software, telestration and information display systems".

www.chyron.com
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave CHYRON!!! AGHHHH! anything but that. *sorta kidding*

So how well do you know Chyron and here is a good news, bad news thing, we had a really.................... old chyron, an Infiniti. About 15 years old. It just flat died today. Froze in air. "rebooted" it like 15 times, still wouldn't come up and just stopped in mid boot.

I'm kinda sad cause now I have to make our news ticker work without it, but glad the old boat anchor is dead...

Course almost being antique I want to take one of it's 10 pound keyboards and make wall art out of it.

Oh Dave BTW...?

How do I, can I, put an icon on my profile?
    a pic, animi gif or something... i sorta looked didn't really see a change profile option, but then again i do work in tv and am not all that bright

Blog Entries
    Never really used the Chyron myself but it served our channel well for many years. I know it started getting a bit unreliable recently but to be fair it was very old. Anyway, I'm not the best person to comment on how good it is. I only mentioned it because it does seem to be very common.

To make an icon (avatar), click the Control Panel link above, then click Edit Avatar.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com