Need some help with camera selection

Hello everybody,

I'm completely new to the world of video-recording. If this is the wrong forum, I apologize--I just need some really simple help:

I just started work for a knife company and we were trying to get started on some generic knife videos to throw on youtube / a new website that we're having done.

Right now we have a "Panasonic dvc20p." However, the video quality is quite grainy and not really acceptable even by youtube standards. It also seems to be quite ancient in trying to get the video content onto editing software. I did a search online, though, and it "seems" to be an expensive video-camera. (???)

I would like to purchase something inexpensive in the ~$500 range that would be able to record 1080P for youtube / website videos as well as sell this old Dinosaur. (Where would be a good place to put it up for sale?)

If any of you have suggestions as to what I could get for ~$500, that'd be terrific.

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated. I would also accept email/PM's from other members if they have to abide by some forum rules.

Thank you everybody for your time.

-Mike

one of the best cameras for a great price: EOS Rebel T2i

The new flagship of the EOS Rebel line, Canon EOS Rebel T2i brings professional EOS features into an easy to use, lightweight digital SLR that's a joy to use. Featuring a class-leading 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor and increased light sensitivity for low light photography, the EOS Rebel T2i also has an advanced HD Movie mode for gorgeous Full HD movies. Able to capture up to 3.7 frames per second, it's ready to go the minute it's picked up. Advanced Live View, a new wide-area screen, plus features like Canon's brilliant Auto Lighting Optimizer and Highlight Tone features ensure brilliant photos and movies, easily. With some of the most advanced features of any digital SLR, it's simply the best Rebel Canon has ever created.