Please assist me !! I really need some help !

Hey , im wondering what all i need exactly to throw a good party with sound . ima dj and im new with audio . I do know with un powered speakers u have an amp they go into and that hooks to your mixer thats basic though . What is the big box and raves and concerts full of stuff that all the wires connect to . i know there must be an amp but what else . and if i were to have to powered speakers and then two powered bass bins where do they plug into and how to they connect to the mixer Also if you could leave me with a list of the items ill need ! Thank you so much please give me some help !

are you reenforcing a concert are a party? Man I'd just run your board to a couple of nice monitors and call it done.

Well im going to be having fat parties and raves n such ,

Quote: dnoms
    View Post
    What is the big box and raves and concerts full of stuff that all the wires connect to .
    Which box exactly are you referring too. I think you are referring to a rack unit, but i could be wrong. Generally they have a limiter, compressor and power supply units. They can also contain recording equipment. The rack can be filled with any 19'' units you need for your purpose.

For the powered speakers, you don't need to plug all of them into the desk. You can 'daisy chain' the bass bins off the outputs at the back of the tops (powered Speakers). Just make sure that the right side is connected together and the left side is connected together.

Hi dnoms

Basic sound reinforcement setup will just take you to have your Dj Gears like CD players, microphone, headphones, Mixer, sound processor, amplifier and passive speakers. You can either go with active powered speakers this you wont need the amplifier anymore. Let me know if you still ned more details!

Cheers!

Lou-Riz Garcia