vonhfg

Password protect a webpage

I am looking to protect a webpage with a single password people can use to restrict my playbook for an aau team i have.

i am really confused with the various solutions i have seen in the forum. i use dreamweaver to edit the website. is there an easy way to do this?

thanks in advance

You just create a page that you want to protected and after this create the .htpasswd file in this file you contain the secret username and password and after this you need to create the .htaccess file.

Have any word-press template which I can create Password protect a webpage?

Blog Entries
    It's actually built into Wordpress - you don't need a special template. When you create a page, look on the right hand side under "Publish". Next to "Visibility", click "Edit" and then click "Password Protection". Enter a password in the space provided.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Here you didn't provide any information like in which platform you developed your website. If you will provide such information then it will be easy to give exact answer. Further if your website was developed in Wordpress then you can do this stuff as Dave said. It is feasible in Wordpress and you can do it simply by following the given process from Dave.
    Learn more about web development and related services.
    http://www.spinxwebdesign.com/