Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vonhfg

Software for building a website?

I'm really looking at building a few niche related sites to try and get some extra income. My biggest problem is, that whilst I am good with computers and can use most programs rather well, I cannot code.

Are there any good pieces of software for creating websites where you can do it all visually? Kind of like the old Frontpage but something that looks relatively professional and worthy to be on the world wide web?

Any thoughts much appreciated,

Website Software

I use Serif WebPlus X5 and found it quite easy to use. If you do decide to use the Serif software download the free version and register with the site. You will get a discount offer on the latest version of the software a few weeks later.
    Cheers, Dave.

Blog Entries
    It's possible to make entire websites without looking at the code. Dreamweaver is pretty good at it, and of course there are plenty of CMS (content management systems) that allow you to use a template and make changes through your browser.

You must understand, though, that making websites without knowing the code will put you at a severe disadvantage. Sorry but that's just the fact of the matter. Saying you want to make websites without coding is like saying you want to build houses without nailing things together. There are some skills that are required to do a job properly, and in web design coding is one of those skills.

At the very least, you should learn how HTML works and how to edit the code when you need to. Even if you don't understand the code you're editing, you can ask for help and someone can say "You need to replace this code with that code".

Anyway, I'd suggest going with some sort of blog or CMS solution like blogger.com or a hosted Wordpress plan.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Of course you can do it. Nowadays there are too updated software available than old FrontPage. You can do all the website developing stuff in more easier way through CMS. Wordpress and Joomla are prominent platforms for those kinds of stuffs. You can easily develop professional website by these CMS. In fact, there are many big websites in online world which were developed in these CMS and working fine till date.
    Learn more about web development and related services.
    http://www.spinxwebdesign.com/

I am new to this field .i am using adobe dream weaver and photoshop for designing my website.I am now trying to design a music page.I am doing it in wamp server.I need more suggestions if there is any other software to do this.

Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 web design software provides a visual interface for making and editing HTML websites and mobile apps..Website Realizer is a website builder software that also can helped you to make a website..

GGI : One of the best robotics engineering colleges in North India.

Their are web based and software based for building a website.

Web based
    Joomla
    Drupal
    Wordpress
    Bizideo Wizard
    WYSIWYG
    WIX

Software based
    Dreamweaver
    NVU
    FrontPage
    Blue Voda

this are free to use applications in building a website

well you can hire a Joomla Developer with CMS features..from us

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    It's possible to make entire websites without looking at the code. Dreamweaver is pretty good at it, and of course there are plenty of CMS (content management systems) that allow you to use a template and make changes through your browser.

You must understand, though, that making websites without knowing the code will put you at a severe disadvantage. Sorry but that's just the fact of the matter. Saying you want to make websites without coding is like saying you want to build houses without nailing things together. There are some skills that are required to do a job properly, and in web design coding is one of those skills.

At the very least, you should learn how HTML works and how to edit the code when you need to. Even if you don't understand the code you're editing, you can ask for help and someone can say "You need to replace this code with that code".

Anyway, I'd suggest going with some sort of blog or CMS solution like blogger.com or a hosted Wordpress plan.
    Good points you clear with your post and i totally agree. I also not trust on automated softwares for websites.
    Btw there is a good tutoriatl about how HTML works. I am reading it

The best software for website design is Wordpress. It is a simple tool to develop website. Using a wordpress tool a layman can also develop a website with a little training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast