vonhfg

What can be done to improve older cd's sound?

Hi Guys,
    I have some older cd's that were mastered in the early days and will probably never get re-mastered. My question is this, can anything be done to improve the overall sound of the cd? I don't really wanna mess with the eq all that much, eq'ing a final mix is usually a bad idea. I just wanna add some punch, increase volume a bit..increase the resolution if I can...is there anything that can be done and what would you do.

Blog Entries
    Dear vonhfg,

I've been going back over your past messages after getting a little suspicious. You've been posting a huge number of messages covering all sorts of different topics in different styles, and never responding to any of the replies you're getting. I googled a few of your messages and found that the exact same messages have been posted on other forums with the same pattern. For example, the message above was originally posted word-for-word to audiomastersforum.net back in November 2010. I have come to the conclusion that you're actually a spammer and I've therefore deleted all your recent messages and your sig.

If I've got this wrong please use our contact form to explain the situation.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Good catch, Dave.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.