Thread: hey guys

hey guys

hey guys.I have just gotten enrolled in a media institution as a Video Journalist,& m looking forward to getting to know whta is actually needed for me to fulfill my job recquirenment.My roles entails shooting conferences,doing Vox pops,interviews,shooting cutaways e.t.c..help me with anything that ya think might be useful in my new job

hey!!

Hey guys..m a newbie and i dnt knw when ans how to post my qustions and comments in this sections since i havn't joined any groups so far..help me be part of this forum..

Blog Entries
    Hi Malonya and welcome to the forum. You're doing fine so far! You may have noticed that as a new user your messages don't appear immediately but once you've posted a few messages that will change and your messages will be posted straight away.

One important thing to consider when participating in forums is to have specific things to talk or ask about. A lot of people ask questions like "How do I get better at making videos?" but that's too vague and difficult to answer. Try to think of specific skills you want to know more about, then search for information on the Internet and try your best to learn, then ask questions about things you're not sure about.

If you are able to upload some of your work to the Internet (eg YouTube) and share it here, that's a really good way to get feedback. You can post it here and ask us what we think and how you could do better.

In any case don't be shy and don't be scared to ask questions!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I had a training at Reuters Press Agency and all I learnt is
    1- Watch and Listen
    2- know what is the news you are covering and ask yourself (what- when - where - why- and how) about any event or conference, getting all your data will help you to know what to do first.
    3- prepare specific Questions fast, and ask the most important first. choose the people to ask like in conference once you enter get the call sheet or whatever they call it which include guests and members. start with the important and ZIP then others and it depends actually on the event like if you are covering accident it will be difficult to talk to the dead or the victim.
    when you know this things you gotta move to the next level, which is how to write a story which requires perfect grammar and some different terminologies. moving then how to edit on some news specific programs and it is not gonna take more than few weeks, then the most important part which is gonna take time with you is Camera and sound don't know how to advice you about it but you gotta learn how to hold camera and to fix the sound , change tapes , record , play and don't ever forget about cutaways you take while shooting interview which is gonna take more then 45 mins for answering the question.
    here is what I learnt and each press agency is different than other, your focus should be on 1- journalism and good writing 2- camera techniques if you are one man crew 3- reliability on camera in case you are not (off camera). 4- learn how to edit well and choose the most important shots and providing info 5 - camera and sound techniques. I don't know it is useful for you or not.. wish you good luck