Photo Alternatives

Aloha

I store and edit my Photo's in Photoshop elements, version 6. Suddenly the organizer has quit working. Calling Adobe only get the answer we do not support that version, buy an upgrade. With such an attitude I would prefer to spend my money with another company. My computer is still XP so the newest versions won't work.

Also I am upset with Adobe because of the frequent Errors I would get in Adobe Premier 4 upgrades and 3 thousand Dollars never solved the problems.

Anyone have suggestions for another program for picture organizing and editing?

Mahalo
    Eric

Blog Entries
    Would you consider using something like Google's Picassa? My partner has been using it and she finds it quite good.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Aloha

Dave I am aware of Picassa and prefer Smugmug for public display. (My site is http://gg-1.smugmug.com) What I want is a local storage/editing program that works after the publisher decides to orphan their older versions. If I cannot afford or need the latest "bells and whistles" i should be able to use what I have.

I am not accusing Adobe, but I find it odd that my version 6 died the day after I received the notice version 6 was no longer supported. Also I have seen complaints about the same thing on the Adobe site. What I want I another publishers comparable program. I no longer trust the Adobe Company.
    Last edited by EricTheater; 11th Nov 2011 at 01:15. Reason: Bad typing

Blog Entries
    That sucks, it's so frustrating when a company just abandons its customers like that. I can see why you're reluctant to go back to Adobe.

I know Ange (my partner) uses the Picassa for offline organizing - I don't think she really uses it at all for Internet-related stuff. Unfortunately I don't know enough about it to say any more though.

Just in case you're considering Mac's iPhoto, I wouldn't touch it. It's very pretty but absolutely useless for organizing photos.

I wish I had a better suggestion. Personally I use Adobe Bridge but I assume that's not an option for you ;(

BTW I had a look at your site - nice photos!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    I know Ange (my partner) uses the Picassa for offline organizing - I don't think she really uses it at all for Internet-related stuff. Unfortunately I don't know enough about it to say any more though.
    How does Picassa work offline? Thought it operated much like my Smugmug site.
    BTW I had a look at your site - nice photos!
    Mahalo and Aloha
    Eric

Blog Entries
    It does offer web-based photo sharing and online albums if you want that sort of stuff, but it's actually a downloadable application that runs on your PC. This video probably explains it better:

The editing tools certainly aren't much competition for Photoshop, but if you mainly need it for organizing and simple edits/fixes, it could be worth trying out. And of course it's free
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com