emailing a video

Can someone help me? my granddaughter took a short video of me on my Sony Digital Camera. I would like to email it to a friend. I am trying to do this the same way I email a photo via attachment to the email. It doesn't seem to work. How do I email a video from my digital camera is my question?

Blog Entries
    Hi Beverly, can you be more specific about what doesn't work? There are a thousand things that might have gone wrong, so we need to know exactly what you're doing (every single step), exactly what error messages you see, exactly what the email looks like at the receiver's end, etc.

As long as the file size isn't too big you should be able to attach a video file like any other files, but the file size would be a good place to start looking. Do you know how big the file is? Also, what format is it?

Another possibility is that you've actually been able to email the file okay, but it doesn't play back on the receiver's computer. In this case it will be a codec issue and we'll definitely need to know the file format.

The more information you can provide, the better the chances of getting a useful answer.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Maybe you simply have problems with uploading it to the mail server because it is too large& Try compressing it or converting to another file format - there are plenty of programs that let you do that.

Best regards,
    William

Re: e-mailing a video

Instead of e-mailing the video, why not send it using wetransfer? You can upload up-to 2GB free and uses e-mail address, here is the link: www.wetransfer.com

check it out,

I do know this, when emailing someone, the email address they have will effect if they get the content or not. My sister has a local phone companies email address, and a large file cannot be transferred to the email. What we do is use her daughters Hotmail address. Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail , may be one or two or more others can handle large files, I do not know about them, if they do or not. I find most phone company email addresses cannot accept them. So if that is the issue, have them get one of those emails or see if someone in the Family has one.