Recommendation for video editing software

I'm looking for a software recomendation to do video capture, editing, video image correction, dvd burning, etc. A while back, I bought a HD Canon Vixia HF200 camcorder. The info on the memory card indicates the video files are saved in the AVCHD folder with a .MTS extension. There are also files in the CLIPINF folder with a .CPI extension. I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 8 back then but my PC was to slow to run the software effectively. I just bought a Dell XPS 8300 i7 processor with 12GB memory running Windows 7 (64 bit). I tried Premiere Elements 8 again, and once again the video playback was very choppy. Adobe said v8 won't run on Windows 7.

So now I'm faced with having to buy more video editing software. My new Dell shipped with Roxio Creator Starter which I can upgrade to the 2012 version for $50. I can also buy a bundled Photoshop/Premiere Elements 10 for about $85. Which one of these products would you folks recommend? Or would you recommend something else in that price range?

Premiere elements 10 is ok for what you looking for. I would prefer Avid studio pro and you can haw it for about 160$

Sony Vegas Pro works very well with these types of files. I have also recently started using Grass Valley Edius 6, as I recently bought a Canon XF100, and it works very well with the mxf files. Edius is now my favorite editing software.

I worked with Adobe Premiere Elements 8, and yes, you need the latest version (9 or higher) to edit AVCHD /.mts. The bundle Photoshop/Premiere elements is a fine opportunity, if you also do photo editing. I find Premiere a decent software, however right now I am trying out Sony Vegas 11 and like it better. I also work with Magix Movie Edit Pro sometimes and like that better than Premiere Elements for the way tracks are organized. I recommend that you try out the test versions of those programmes and find out which one you like. It depends a lot on what kind of stuff you're doing, I think. I edit short video-clips for the web and need decent and easy to use MPEG4 encoding, but I have little idea about all the specific parameters, containers and codecies.

LiVES (LiVES is a Video Editing System) is a free software video editing program and VJ tool. LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application. It will let you start editing and making video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ's and video editors - mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multitrack timeline. You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.

Regard's
    Ben Almeer

I need this information please post soon.

Hi there

What you need is a video editing software program with AVCHD support. I use either Corel VideoStudio, Adobe Premiere Elements or CyberLink PowerDirector.

These software programs are very good but only recently added HD video support. So you need to find the latest versions. For Corel VideoStudio that would be version X5 I think. Hope this helps!

You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.