Thread: Video Capture

Video Capture

Hey Guys. I'm trying to capture video to the FCP 7. The format that was record in is 720 60p This is how I selected in Easy Setup. However when I try to capture the video all I hear is sound but there is no video. Please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks

Have you tried finding the root of the problem besides in fcp7? Playback in VTR mode and see if it's ok. Try using a new wire(or firewire) in this case.

If everything works fine then you'd wanna go deeper than just 'Easy setup'. Go to 'final cut pro'>'Video/Audio Settings' and make sure to check your 'device control preset' accordingly.

On another note, perhaps your capture settings have been altered somehow; which makes this article useful; http://documentation.apple.com/en/fi...2%26tasks=true

goodluck

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately FCP doesn't support such camera. It is too old I would guess. Instead I connected my camera to pc with a help of Firewire-USB adapter, however the premier cs5 doesn't see my camera either. I would assume because of the missing codec or some kind of additional software. please advice. Thank you once again.

Perhaps you have not installed kompanenty DirectShow ... ...? mac
    I do not know what to offer and more ...
    Perhaps the reason for post # 2
    I wonder if I go to MAC my sony HDR FX1000 also would be the problem...?
    Last edited by Sergej; 29th Jan 2012 at 13:49.