Website Development

What is inline CSS?

Blog Entries
    It's where the style is defined in the HTML code at the point where it takes effect - in other words "in the line" of HTML rather than in the document head or a separate stylesheet. For example, this code defines the style in a class which is stored elsewhere (in the head or a separate stylesheet):

Code:
    <p class="white">This text will be white as defined by the class named "white".</p>
    Whereas this code uses inline CSS:

Code:
    <p style="color:#FFF;">This text will be white as shown with this inline style.</p>
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

thanks Dave owen. I appreciate now i understand CSS Inline. dave can you tell me as SEO aspect CSS inline benefits?

Thanks Dave for the post i really appreciate...

It is the highest priority of the three ways we use CSS. With help of inline CSS we can override styles which can defined in external or internal. Inline CSS detracts from the actual purpose of CSS, it separate design from content, so it should be used sparingly.

If you code your own HTML emails, you probably know that external and embedded style sheets aren't supported too well across email clients. You've got to use inline CSS that adds styling to individual HTML elements using <style> tags. Unlike CSS from an external or embedded style sheet, inline CSS must be applied to each HTML element you wish to style.

Blog Entries
    Quote: akimmi
    View Post
    thanks Dave owen. I appreciate now i understand CSS Inline. dave can you tell me as SEO aspect CSS inline benefits?
    Apparently part of your message didn't get posted - most likely you were trying to post raw HTML which gests stripped for security reasons.

In answer to your question, there is no SEO benefit to using inline vs stylesheet CSS.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

You have explain it very well, thanks for sharing it.

hello
    I am mention some basic points about inline CSS.
    inline CSS adds styling to individual HTML elements using <style> tags. Unlike CSS from an external or embedded style sheet, inline CSS must be applied to each HTML element you wish to style.
    I mean that instead of defining the style once, then applying the style against all instances of an element (say the <p> tag), you only apply the style to the instance you want the style to apply to. Actually, it's not really a style sheet as such, so a more accurate term would be inline styles.
    This can be pretty time consuming.
    This is my point of view