Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Ok as for your actual question. No there is no way to just delete the text off a image that is set. However, you can cover the text with a similar background and type over it. i did this by coping a section of the image and moving it down, then i put a red layer with the opacity down over it so you could not tell it was a copy of a section above it. it did it real fast and it looks ok, but with enough time, you could make it look perfect!

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further help, i am always down for helping a fellow graphic artist

Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Thanks for your reply , I was able to do it .

haha , I like the text you've put up , ask > try > learn :}

Here is how the result looks like ,

How's it ?

It looks good. seems like you put a bit more time into the project i did. You are coming along great, before you know it you will be a PS Whizz. feel free to ask any other questions.
    Manoni Productions

No transparent background for png

Hi I have a problem...I had created a work with transparent background and i wanted to save it in png. I had created this as a new file with transparent background. I saved it as png as File-Save As (selected png) and saved it. When i open it in photoshop, it still has a transparent background, but when i upload it or open it in animation shop, it has a background...now why does that happen? I think i tried what you said, still i am getting a background. Can anyone help me?

Png Background Not Transparent!

Hi I have a problem...I had created a work with transparent background and i wanted to save it in png. I had created this as a new file with transparent background. I saved it as png as File-Save As (selected png) and saved it. When i open it in photoshop, it still has a transparent background, but when i upload it or open it in animation shop, it has a background...now why does that happen? I think i tried what you said, still i am getting a background. Can anyone help me?

I can not totally help you, because i have 0 experience with animation shop. What i would do is read the manual and see if it is a .png that you are looking for. you may have to create a matte for it. I have a few animation programs here that the only way that i can get art from photoshop to them is to save as a targa and make targa matte file for it.
    Manoni Productions

This is CONFUSING :(

I just joined here and I am finding that Photoshop was created to be a a confusing EXPENSIVE program. It is like they intentionally did that! LOL !

Can anyone just say here Step by Step, HOW you take a photo, either jpeg, bitmap, gif, png or whatever, and make the BACKROUND of the pic TRANSPARENT or GONE ?

I have a photo of myself at a bodybuilding meet and I made the backround all black. Good enough. Now I want to JUST have the picture of me as the cutout. NO BLACK backround, NO WHITE backround, NO BACKROUND at all.

Can't this $1000 program do that?

Thanks for any help

Transparent Background Image

I've been reading piggy0t306's question and your replies and what he is asking is EXACTLY what I want to know how to do too.

This should be a common feature with all editing software BUT with a much simpler procedure than the way it is now. Why can't programmers just make this function much easier to create/save and easier to export/import into other programs and what is the reason that transparent backgrounds are not support in jpg/jpeg format? Since most people's projects involve photos in this format, there should be a much simpler method of allowing transparent background as a standard feature. If a jpg/jpeg (or whatever) image can be saved automatically with a white background, why not create a program to convert white to a transparent one in it's place and still be able to be universally accepted by other programs just as the jpg/jpeg is now.

For example, I have a greeting card software I like very much, because of it's vast selection of backgrounds, textures, borders etc, and I want to do import an image with no background (just transparent), but it doesn't recognize the formats supporting the transparent background that I have created in another software.

I don't currently have Photoshop but was seriously considering purchasing it JUST FOR THAT FEATURE ALONE (transparent background) but if it is only going to be saved in a format that is not common to all programs, then it doesn't make sense for me to invest in it.

also need help with transparent background

I'm just creating a little type and want it on a transparent background. I will add the image to print media and also use for web work. For print, I need it to be 300 dpi. I tried following the directions provided on this forum at http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/ph...ackground.html

and have tried saving as GIF and PNG. When I import it, I get a white background. ARGH! ;-)

need a helping hand saving the transparent file

Hi guys, was wondering if someone can help me with how to save the transparent file I made.

I use Photoshop 7 and was able to create a transparent background on an existing bmp image. I then go to File -> Save As...

The problem is when I choose to save the file type as bmp I cannot choose to save the alpha channel as per the attached screenshot... I was pretty sure bmp supported alpha channels... As a result the save I did has a white background instead of a transparent one.

your help is very much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by noobno1; 19th Jan 2008 at 12:31.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast