Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    standard Windows/OS2 BMP does not support alpha.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Glad to see this post still running.
    I have read most but my question is,
    What actions to take when selecting using the magic wand if the selection runs into the image you wish to save with a transparent background

Making an image background transparent(photoshop)

How do i make an image transparent so that the image behind it can be seen and how do i make a PORTION of the image transparent?

Blog Entries
    Quote: Belto
    View Post
    Glad to see this post still running.
    I have read most but my question is, What actions to take when selecting using the magic wand if the selection runs into the image you wish to save with a transparent background
    Try adjusting the tolerance of the magic wand (in the toolbar). Lower the number so the magic wand selects less. If that doesn't work, you might need to use the lasso tool instead.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Quote: deathstick
    View Post
    How do i make an image transparent so that the image behind it can be seen and how do i make a PORTION of the image transparent?
    Have you tried following our instructions?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Don't worry to make transparent back ground in PhotoShop.
    You can make your image transparent by saving it in .gif, .png.
    just open your document, if you have cut your object then press ctrl+shift+alt+S then a new window will open named save for web & devices.
    (you can go by menus also - File --> save for web & devices) Got it yet.
    Now in new window you will see a drop down option set to .jpeg. change it to .gif or .png and then click on save button. GOT IT
    Your transperent background is ready for use.

If you are still have any problem then pls mail me you document or image
    I will see that and will try to do the needful for you

I need to save a .tga image with transparency into a program that supports transparency and alpha channels. The image consists of a lower layer that is completely transparent and a second layer with the image and transparent areas. When I save it into the program however, all the transparent areas revert back to white. It was said earlier that .tga can be saved transparent WITH an alpha channel. I can find nothing in the help topics about alpha channels. Am I missing a step?

Quote: piggyot306
    View Post
    easy enough to do but when it comes to saving the image, that's where i'm having trouble.

i understand .jpg's do not support transparency - so have tried saving as a .bmp but when opened up after saving i'm still getting a white background rather than the part of the image on its own with NO background..

any one have any tips for me on how to get round this?

cheers!

If you are trying to make a background of an image transparent, why not use the .png extension. This works on all the latest browsers. This will allow you to save the image for later so that you can play with it. Or as the others had said, you can save it as a .psd which is the Photoshop default. That will allow you to still play within the layers.

CS3 ultra-basics

To the learned, experienced and helpful members of this forum, such as James Saved and David (administrator).

I made my way here via Google search. I am totally new to cs3 or any application of its nature. I have just begun browsing through the way questions are asked and have found that most (if not all) who enquire have specific things to do, or outcomes to expect or deliver.

My interest, however, is more towards the academic (occasionally bordering towards the philosophical), but my experience is little more than a few crude Paint Programme graphics and the knowledge of the existence of the .jpg and .bmp files. I hope that you will bear with my enquiries.

Perhaps, if I could download or be mailed an ultra-simple two or three layered .psd file consisting of nothing more then some rectangular and/or elliptical graphic patterns I could open that file and try to figure out what went into making those patterns, layers, etc. and thus initiate myself into a journey of appreciation of this great software.

For example, I was intrigued by the ‘three drawing modes’. Then the concept of ‘non-destructive editing’ was quite mind blowing. I think that, what we are used to, which is the concept of ‘editing’, after all, is lot about destroying or deleting what we don’t want, isn’t it?

Well, that was straight from the ‘help viewer’.

I couldn’t edit or change the two or three shapes I created. I just want to get into the dry un-flowery, un-decorative basics for now and would appreciate any advice.

The humble newbie,
    Sukhee.
    (Malaysia GMT+8.00)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast