Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote: Dave
    It might be an idea to register so you can upload the logo with a message, then we can see what you mean.

But it sounds like you might just need to do a combination of selections to get exactly the right selection. I seldom find that one selection will do it. For example, I might use the magic wand to get most of the background around the subject (shift-clicking several times) and then use the marquee selector to get the rest. I prefer to go for a low tolerance like you did and just keep adding to the selection until I've got everything I need.

Feel free to upload a finished image here so we can check the transparency for you.
    Okay thank you, I realized that it worked better once clicking several times, but i haven't used the marque tool yet (not sure if i have to). But i've uploaded two of the logos that will be used both on png format. I had put the resolution to 300 pixels/inch and the size was 700 X 500. However, for uploading it, i had to decrease the sizes.

If there is anything else I should do to the logos to make them as "perfect" as possible, any suggestions would be appreciated. The only last thing I'm concerned about is that now the end part of the "crescent moon shape" also representing a "c", is that it looks a little blurry or bumpy, though that may only be when zooming in. Other than that which has been already mentioned, I feel pretty confident about the overal logos and their completion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well thanks anyway, feel free to try it out for any minor adjusments anyone thinks i should make!! I sent it to the company that needed it, and they approve =) so thanks to this tutorial, i got everything figured out well.

Using other apps

Okay, im kinda new to the forum, but let me tell you, my problems with Photoshop are just begining. This pretty much what i want to do.
    I want to cut out a portion of an exiting image in photoshop. Then i want to paste it in another application like Indesign, or Quark. However, when i paste it or import it, i want the background to be transperant. Im basically trying to help a magazine company and i need to take the text on the cover page to go behind the image. i dont know how to do it with photoshop. Ive been working at it for hours. Also keep in mind that i dont want to save the transperant image as a .giff because im printing out the image and .giff tends to be of low quality. i want to save the transperant image as .TiFF or ESP. So if anyone can help, i would really appreciate it.

PNG 24 problems in IE6

Quote: Dave
    The PNG file you uploaded does have a transparent background. I just tried it on a web page and it works fine.
    I have tried all that I know to have a png24 saved file be transparent on my website but can only get PNG 8 to have a transparent background - PNG 24 still has the white border.........
    Help?

Hi,
    Complete PS n00b here, I have an older version of Photoshop (5.5) and have used it before a format to make transparent images. I had found a loverly tutorial that showed me how to actually get it transparent. When i recently reinstalled PS 5.5 on my machine however, for the life of me I cant get it to save in any format besides PSD or PDD. I have been working for hours trying not to bug yall over this but am at my wits ends now.. lol I have read the tutorial on site here and tried both methods with no luck, works great till I attempt to save and my only choice is *.PSD *.PDD

The original image is in .png format and this has always worked in the past, at this point I would accept any format that i can use in other programs such as Paint, or Ulead.. etc to paste from this image. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Re you on a PC or Mac. I am guessing by the problem that you are on a PC.

So when you got to file: then Save file as:

there should be a dialogue box (it has been a LONG time since i have worked on 5.5 so if there is anything that you do not understand, let me know) at either the bottom or top there should be a drop down menu. In that menu should be options ie: .jpg .psd .tga .tiff and so on. this is where you can change how to save the project
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Hi kawsakimx6,

Yes, I am on a PC, and when I attempt to save the files with v5.5 I get a Drop down like you mention that has only one choice, the same as listed, *.PSD or *.PDD. I swear that all I ever had to do before was to open the png image, then open a new image of the correct size (making sure Transparent was ticked), copy and paste the original into the new box, then use the wand tool to delete any unwanted areas. Then click file and save as.. with multiple choices available.

I have since posting this installed also Adobe Photoshop CS v9.0 and can save in any format now but as some posters above have said, the back ground is still showing when I go to use the file on a back ground somewhere else, however, if I open it in Photoshop again it shows to be transparent. This happens no matter what file format I save in ie: .png or .gif.
    Let me also say I have tried the methods listed here on site, very easy to understand however, same result, I get a white back ground no matter what I try.

I cant seem to win. To be honest I only got PhotoShop to make transparency's as I work on a lot of Banners and icons for things. I had found a tutorial that was a 'Simple way' and have been using it for over a year with no problems until about two months ago and I reformatted my Drive. Reinstalled and now cant do it :S I've been struggling for about 3 days on this when it used to take me seconds.. lol any help is much appreciated and Thanks

Ok check it.

Save as PSD or tga. those will save as a transparent background
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Well...
    I would .. and did actually in PSD and cant use it with any other applications, they cant read it so thats not going to work for me. I wouldnt care, I could just use some other program to do this if it hadnt been working already for over a year..

Any other ideas from anyone?

Quote: Me Here
    View Post
    I cant seem to win. To be honest I only got PhotoShop to make transparency's as I work on a lot of Banners and icons for things. I had found a tutorial that was a 'Simple way' and have been using it for over a year with no problems until about two months ago and I reformatted my Drive. Reinstalled and now cant do it :S I've been struggling for about 3 days on this when it used to take me seconds.. lol any help is much appreciated and Thanks
    I have the exact same problem. I was actually just searching around the net to find a solution for it, and came across this page.
    I had no problems with PNG files before, i've created templates and stuff for websites without hassle. But after i reformatted my drive, the background just doesnt want to stay transparent when i export it from Photoshop.
    Any help regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast