A big novice in search of a camcorder manual surrogate.

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie. I'm actually really in this forum. I've been searching for a while to find a really good forum where a big novice like me can find very useful insights to get started. Please consider that I've never used a camcorder before today. I am an anthropology grad and I've just discovered the importance of the visual, and lately drifted away by a passion for video.

A big hello to you all.

Francesco

Blog Entries
    Hi Francesco, welcome to the forum. Video is a lot of fun and very rewarding. If you have any specific questions about how to get started or improve your work, fire away. Also make sure you have a look through our camerawork and video editing tutorials for some pointers.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi Francesco, Dave.
    Great sources I will dig in.
    Old in Photography but new in Videos [besides some short Go-Pro and Canon S-95 or 5D Mark III 3 to 5 minute clips].
    Using a Sony NX-70. I always make the mistake to compare the image quality with the Mark III and of course it is not going to match even though it is [seems] to be a nice camera.
    Photography [to me] seems so easy compared...
    I think my brain does not quite assimilate all this "shutter speed", "gain", 60 or 30 fps, as most, as much as I understand optics. I think much will be trial and errors. It is all about light and now movements! Also realizing that the camera in AUTO mode can be smarter than me even if so used to Manual setting on the Photo Cameras. Such two totally different animals. I thought about attending classes but we are on the road 24/7, so here I am hoping to get good tutorials from A to Z.
    Well, have a Good Day.
    Ara and Spirit

Blog Entries
    Hi beemerchef, I hope the new world of video is going well for you. I think it's good to have a background in photography before starting with moving pictures, in fact I wish that had been the case for me. I didn't understand much about photography when I started and I found it more difficult to catch up on the nuances of optics. Anyway, learning is fun
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com