Personalized news updates for Web Professionals

Hi all,

I am planning to launch a project that will help web professionals easily stay informed of the news during their hectic days. The website we're building allows for these individuals to obtain a personalized list of news articles that pertain specifically to their interests and industry. Our editors will also pick the most important overall articles each day and highlight them on our site. I am looking for beta testers to use this site before it becomes live.

I am looking forward to hearing your feedback and hope that you enjoy the site!

Best,
    Daniel

Blog Entries
    Like the moderators of at least several other forums you posted this message in, I'm not particularly happy about its spamminess but I'm willing to give you a second chance.

For starters, I suggest you read this page about promoting your site on other people's forums. Take particular note of these points:

Don't post the same message to different websites. Forum owners recognize this and treat it as spam. Try to tailor messages to suit the particular forum you're posting to. (As an aside, search engines can penalize websites for duplicate content so some forum moderators will delete a message simply because it's already been posted elsewhere, whether or not it's spam.)
    Many new website owners get so excited about what they can offer that they can't wait to tell everyone about it. Unfortunately, forum moderators are generally unable or unwilling to distinguish genuine cases from professional spammers. If you post like a spammer, you'll be treated as a spammer.
    As a web designer yourself you should know this stuff and I'm a bit surprised by your rather clumsy attempt at getting attention by posting the exact same message on numerous forums. I see some moderators have deleted your message and others have threatened to do so if you don't explain yourself. My approach is similar - I've removed the link to your website but if you come back to this thread and provide a personal reply for the members of our forum, then I'll happily let you re-post the link.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    I don't know Dave... it's already crossed the line. You let one in, you have to let others in, regardless if no conflicts of content. Jmho...
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, fair call. I must be getting soft - time to harden up

I see he never bothered to come back anyway. What a surprise.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com