Stereo to powered speakers

Hi... first post... I know enough to be dangerous but am having a bit of trouble..

I am using an output from the master (red/white RCA) of a Numark MATRIX 2 mixer with (2) AXIS 2 CDJs.
    http://www.numark.com/images/product...emanual_00.pdf
    So I believe this is an amplified output (depending on the master volume) signal output, 600 Ohm??? or 8 Ohm??

I am going to (2) JBL powered 15p Speakers with XLR female inputs.
    http://www.jblpro.com/pub/mi/eon15p-1.pdf

Question: When I leave the Numark mixer as RCA, should I be using a Red/White to single XLR to connect to speaker 1
    then using an XLR to XLR to continue to the next speaker (as the speakers have a XLR in and out for the pass along purpose)

or Should I use a single RCA (red) to XLR input of speaker one
    Then RCA (white) to XLR of other speaker...

Thanks for anyone that can set me straight...

Will this combo equal stereo??

Blog Entries
    Quote: scoobysnack11
    View Post
    Question: When I leave the Numark mixer as RCA, should I be using a Red/White to single XLR to connect to speaker 1 then using an XLR to XLR to continue to the next speaker (as the speakers have a XLR in and out for the pass along purpose)

Question: When I leave the Numark mixer as RCA, should I be using a Red/White to single XLR to connect to speaker 1
    NO - each connector is one channel of audio.
    then using an XLR to XLR to continue to the next speaker (as the speakers have a XLR in and out for the pass along purpose)
    You can but you will not have Left and Right speakers

The intent is correct but the application is incorrect. RCA (phono connectors) is an unbalanced signal while XLR is a balance signal. It is highly recommend that the 2 signals are not mixed together due to audio distortion. In this case you would need to use another electronic interface called an audio match maker to avoid distortion, in which the source is unbalanced using RCA/RCA cables and the destination will be balanced out using XLR/XLR cables.

Yes - you are setup for stereo listening. My question to you, are your sources stereo or two mono channels?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.