College/ Universities with Video Production Programs

First off, I'd like to introduce myself to the community - I'm Tristen!

I just graduated from film school and well, I am thinking of pursuing my Masters within the field.

Are there any universities out there that have television broadcasting with up-to-date studios?

If so, where are they and what more do they offer?

Thanks for the feedback, y'all!

Blog Entries
    Hi Tristen, welcome to the forum. I assume you're looking for something in the USA? Maybe close to LA? It would help to narrow down the geographical areas that you'd be willing to move to.

In any case I can't personally offer any advice because I'm on the other side of the world and I'm not too familiar with institutions near you. Maybe someone else can offer some useful insights.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Quote: Tristen Bell
    View Post
    First off, I'd like to introduce myself to the community - I'm Tristen!

I just graduated from film school and well, I am thinking of pursuing my Masters within the field.

Are there any universities out there that have television broadcasting with up-to-date studios?

If so, where are they and what more do they offer?

Thanks for the feedback, y'all!
    If you graduated, what does the school or adviser recommend - they should already know? Since you're out in LA, there should be a lot of choice schools for broadcasting. A small amount of time spent googling should give you an answer. Up to date studios in schools will vary because they are of value, it would be rented out or used by a financier/dept.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm pretty much looking all over the place - wouldn't mind going abroad.

Hope you're having a good one!

Blog Entries
    I just read this article. http://tiny.cc/o27llw . Maybe you can get an idea here.

Based on this, I was thinking colleges and universities with big athletic programs may also be heavily involved in the broadcasting/cablecasting end of it too for local purposes and to those involved with college sports.

Good luck Tristen.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

I got my Multimedia Production degree in Oxford, UK - I now work for a production company here. There are some good schools in the UK and London for media production - with fantastic facilities and equipment. Best bet is to look at student reviews of their courses I would have thought. You want to find out what each course teaches.