Radio Production

I'm looking for reading material for my high school students about radio production. Does Media College currently have any information/readings specifically about radio production? If not, are there any plans to possibly add anything in the future? I know a lot of the material in the audio section is the same or similar to what would be needed in radio production but I am also looking for material specifically about radio. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately we don't have anything like that. It's a great idea and I'd love to see us do it but to be honest it's not my area so I can't see myself tackling it. I'd need someone else to provide the material.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I'm teaching a new Radio and Audio Production Emphasis High School Course and I have a background in Broadcast Radio. Check these out:

High School Broadcast Journalism Project - http://www.hsbj.org/index.php
    If you go to the Learning Tab and then Lesson Plans, there is almost a 4 year radio curriculum there to download (Radio One thru Radio 4).

I've reviewed a few books, but the best one so far is "Modern Radio Production" ISBN-10: 1111344396, 2nd choice would be Broadcast Announcing Worktext, Third Edition: A Media Performance Guide ISBN-10: 0240810589 (but I find it a bit advanced for High School reading).

Quote: QJuice
    View Post
    I'm teaching a new Radio and Audio Production Emphasis High School Course and I have a background in Broadcast Radio. Check these out:

High School Broadcast Journalism Project - http://www.hsbj.org/index.php
    If you go to the Learning Tab and then Lesson Plans, there is almost a 4 year radio curriculum there to download (Radio One thru Radio 4).

I've reviewed a few books, but the best one so far is "Modern Radio Production" ISBN-10: 1111344396, 2nd choice would be Broadcast Announcing Worktext, Third Edition: A Media Performance Guide ISBN-10: 0240810589 (but I find it a bit advanced for High School reading).

Thank you very much for the link. I had heard about that curriculum but didn't know where to find it. I started my career in broadcast radio before moving to TV news and then into teaching high school trades programs in TV production. I've recently seen a tremendous number of requests for a class in radio & audio production so I'm trying to develop an elective class to go along with two-year completer program in TV production.