Search this site code

Hi Dave,

I was really surprised to see such a informative site. Really good. It helped me to finish my job within minutes. Actually, I was thinking that it would take very looong time to put multiple search bar in html code. But, I just googled it and found your site. I used your code and it is really very handy. Now I am searching on 4 websites with the multiple search code you provided. Now my request is, can we integrate it to search on the present site as well? I mean, As per the code you have provided, I have customized it a bit and I am able to get a drop down of list with 4 search engines. Now, I want a fifth option called "Search this site". Can you please help me with that? Please help...

Blog Entries
    Hi Chaitanyakumar, welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice comments.

Our HTML/Javascript code gives you the option to search using a selection of existing search engines. It doesn't actually provide any search functionality itself - it just sends the search request to whichever search engine you select. So that's the big question for you - do you have an existing search engine for your website? If so, it should be easy enough. If not, you'll need to implement your own search engine solution before you can use our code to refer to it.

A nice easy way to make your own search engine is to use Google's custom search engine: http://www.google.com/cse
    That's what we use at MediaCollege.com. We used to have our own search engine but to be honest it was a lot of trouble to maintain and Google's search does a great job. The free version has ads on it but I'm pretty sure you can pay to remove the ads if you want. In our case we actually make a little bit of money from Google ads on our search page but it's not much at all.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi Dave,

I actually have freefind.com account which I am currently using it. I have just checked the google cse you gave, and it works exactly as freefind. I have changed the code I got from your site and I have integrated it with the one I have. Now my requeirement is completed.

I have an other problem now. Do you have any way to add "Subscribe" box? I am not asking about the html code for the box, but need a way to set it. I have tried with google feedburner but somehow it doesnt work. Can you please help me with this??

Thanks,
    Chaitanya.

Blog Entries
    That's good news on the search form.

Regarding the subscribe box, would you mind starting a new thread on that one since it's a new topic? Please describe exactly what sort of subscription you're talking about, although I assume it's an RSS feed. Mention whether or not you have an existing RSS feed.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

oops, sorry for adding new problem in the same thread.. starting new post.. Please reply.... thanks for your replies here..