Thread: Edit WMV files

Edit WMV files

Hi, new to this forum & could use some help.
    I'm given files in WMV or MOV format that can run anywhere from 1 to 6 hours long. I need to cut them down to smaller clips (approx 1/2 hour) to post on a website.
    I convert the flle to MP4 (using WonderShare) in order to import into iMovie. This can take any where from 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on the file size. I then lose the same amount of time importing in to iMove. There has to be a better way!! Can anyone recommend a better workflow. I don't mind buying some software, but keep in mind that I'm not working on high end video, so would like to keep the cost reasonable. Thanks! (ps-I'm working on a Mac)

Blog Entries
    You could try a month-to-month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription and Use Premiere Pro/Media Encoder. If you're prepared to stump up the cost of 1 month, I could show you how to do what you want much more quickly. Basically you just import the entire long file into the timeline, select a portion of it and choose Export, then rinse and repeat. You can define all the export clips before any of the rendering starts, or you can have the rendering going in the background. Let me know if you're interested and I can provide more info.

You could also try the free trial version of Premiere Pro.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com