Thread: Please Help

Please Help

is there anyone who can help me create an effect in Adobe Premier like TV Screen is breaking apart?

Please Help
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Do you mean like when you lose your television reception and the picture goes all static? I don't have any good simple ideas straight off but it would be an interesting project to have a go at.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Brerak Apart

I mean like somebody throw a stone to TV Screen. It will break apart, would't it?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh I think I see what you mean.... So the picture breaks up and falls apart like bits of glass?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Yes, Right, Thank You!

Yes, it is. Please help to find something. I have no idea at all. I need to create it for my video which is very important. Please!

Thanks

Ollie

jack of all trades - master of none !!!

Don't know if this will help - but you could need an effect plugin for Adobe. The effect you need can be found though on Avid Media Composer as we used it on a Music Video i.e. a guy was sitting at a bar, he turned to the camera and threw a glass at and the screen and it broke apart like shattered glass. It should be easy to transfer files or just edit the scene on avid and then transfer back to Adobe.

Hope I was some help ??

Blog Entries
    Yes Ollie, that was my first thought as well. Something like this would normally (and best) be done with a plugin. I've had a bit of a search and to my surprise couldn't immediately find anything which would do this for Premiere. However I would suggest doing a more thorough search and seeing what you can find. If you do find anything could you please let us know?

In regard to doing it yourself, I'd say it's possible but not easy. I would take this sort of approach:
    - Export a still image of the last frame of the clip.
    - Take this into Photoshop and make the shattered glass effect there (do a search for broken glass tutorials if you need help). Divide the image into layers containing separate pieces of the glass.
    - Import this image back into premiere as separate images based on layers.
    - Animate these images to make the breaking effect.

Obviously this is only a rough overview of how I would tackle it. It may not be the best way. Good luck!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

ollie1

jack of all trades - master of none !

Hello,

I just remembered where we got that Shatter effect for that music video - its in Adobe After Effects. Although you will have to adjust the parameters of the effect to get the desired result (this could take awhile as there are loads).

It will be easier to tranfer footage this way between both Adobe programs.

Hope this is of help ?????

ollie