Help out a Newbie!

Hi guys, Im new at working with Audio Electronics and such, and on a little project im working on I seem to have come into a snag.

Im trying to make a small external Microphone for a Korg CA-30 Tuner. The tuner has a 1/4" mono input on it, and im trying to use a standard Omnidirectional microphone ( one that you would use for a computer ) and make it so that I can soder the Mic onto the 1/4" mono jack..

Is this at all possible? and if so, how do I go about sodering the Single Core Mic Cable to a 1/4" mono jack?

Cheers

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing the mic currently has a 1/8" jack on it and you want to change this to a 1/4". If so, it's quite straightforward. The connections are exactly the same, so just have a look at how the 1/8" jack is wired and duplicate this on the 1/4".

Our audio connections pages have a bit more info which may (or may not) be helpful.

If I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, let me know.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

If you want you dont have to worry about soldering or cutting anything and just go to radio shack or some electronics place and buy a 1/4" Male to 1/8" female adapter and that will solve your problem and all you have to do is connect the mic to the adapter and then connect the 1/4" connection of the adapter into your equipment and you're good.