Premiere Title Templates
Premiere comes with a selection of pre-made title templates with various themes. You can also make your own templates or modify existing templates and save them as your own.
Note: The following instructions are for Premiere Pro 2.0. Instructions for Premiere Pro 1.5 can be found here.
To use an existing template, select File > New Title > Based on Template.... This will open the templates window (below). Select the desired template and click OK.
The Template Options Menu
The small button above the preview pane opens the template options flyout menu:
This menu offers the following options:
- Save the current title as a template. The selected title name is shown — in this case Abstract_HD_side.
- Import a file as a template (must be .prtl)
- Set the current title as the default still
- Restore the original default set of title templates
- Rename / Delete the current template
- Choose from a list of recently opened templates