How to Make a Green Screen
The green screen effect is a type of chroma key. The idea is to create a pure green background which is then replaced with whatever background image you want.
This tutorial shows you how to set up a green screen (cheaply if necessary) and how to use it in your video productions. The tutorial includes:
- Planning the studio setting
- Green screen material
- Lighting the green screen
- Incorporating green screen footage into your videos
- More Tips
There are numerous variations on the standard green screen technique and you will need to develop your own system based on the resources you have available. Whatever you do, remember the two most important considerations:
- The colour and lighting of the green screen needs to be as even as possible.
- You can't have anything in the foreground (i.e. part of the the subjects) which is the same colour as the green screen.
Next Page: Planning