Adobe InDesign is a page layout application for desktop/print publishing. It was originally released in 1999 as a high-end replacement for Adobe PageMaker, and competitor to QuarkXPress.
InDesign is a professional application ideal for newspapers and magazines, posters, brochures, cover art, etc.
InDesign CS4 is available as a standalone application or with the Design Standard, Design Premium and Master Collection Creative Suites.
- InDesign 1.0 (August 1999)
- InDesign 1.5 (April 2001)
- InDesign 2.0 (January 2002)
- InDesign CS and InDesign CS PageMaker Edition (October 2003)
- InDesign CS2 (May 2005)
- InDesign Server (October 2005)
- InDesign CS3 (April 2007) (included native support for Intel-based Macs)
- InDesign CS4 (October 2008)