Product description from Garmin:
The GPSMAP 60CS and GPSMAP 60C are new all-purpose units packed with exciting new features and delivering the kind of color that consumers want in their handheld GPS's. These lightweight, rugged, waterproof units raise the bar to offer a 256-color, highly reflective display that provides easy viewing in almost any lighting condition. This transreflective TFT provides excellent viewing while maximizing your battery life (20 hours, typical use).
Both the GPSMAP 60CS and GPSMAP 60C are packed with extra features, including rapid automatic route calculation, an integrated outdoor calendar, a dedicated geocaching mode, and indoor/outdoor GPS games that turn the outdoors into a giant gameboard.
The GPSMAP 60CS also offers an electronic compass and barometric altimeter for highland adventures. These sensors, when combined with GPS technology, provide enhanced bearing and elevation readings.
- Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
- Barometric sensor with automatic pressure trend recording
- Sunlight-readable display with 256-color transreflective TFT display (1.5" W x 2.2" H, 2.6 diagonally); color operating system with new look-and-feel
- Faster processor, with auto routing, turn-by-turn directions, and audio alerts along city streets or trails when using MapSource City Select or 24K Topo software (optional software)
- 56 MB of internal memory for storing map detail
- Permanent user data storage
- Each day's best hunting and fishing times - along with sunrise/sunset times - on the integrated Outdoor Calendar
- Special geocaching navigation mode
- Geolocation games, such as Virtual Maze, Nibbons, Geko Smak, Memory Race, and Gekoids
- Fast map transfer, with support for both USB and serial port interfaces
- Detailed basemap with general map data, including highways, major roads, river, lakes, and borders
- Dedicated "mark", "page", "enter", "quit", "menu", "find", and "zoom out/in" buttons; four-position rocker pad
- 2.4" x 6.1" x 1.3" (W x H x D) unit dimensions
- Weighs 5.4 ounces (without batteries), 7.5 ounces (with batteries)
- WAAS GPS receiver with accuracy to 10 feet in North America; built-in quad-helix antenna for better satellite reception
- 20 hours of battery life under typical-use conditions (uses two "AA" batteries)
- Multi-platform navigation for easy navigation in a car, in a boat, or on foot
- Accepts data from MapSource products (City Select for driving, U.S. Topo and 24K Topo for hiking, Recreation Lakes for freshwater, and BlueChart® for saltwater applications)
- Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (can be submerged in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- 50 reversible routes, 10,000 track points with TracBack® technology (navigate to any track point on the displayed map), and 1000 waypoints with additional graphical icons for location identification
- Proximity alerts for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint; built-in alarm clock
- User-configurable track-line color, waypoint projection, display color scheme, large-numbers option, audio tones, and pages (turn on/off main pages or change the sequence in which they appear)
- Elevation computer provides current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum and maximum elevation, total ascent and descent, average and maximum ascent and descent rate
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more.