Mackie Onyx 1620 16-Channel Mixer
If you're happy with the manual, a small donation would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
- 16-channel small-format analog mixer
- 8 new ONYX mic preamps with sound comparable to boutique preamps
- New 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable midrange controls on Mic/Line channels
- 96kHz FireWire option for streaming 18 independent channels of audio to computer with near-zero latency
- 2 channels of monitoring from computer via FireWire option card
- 4 Aux sends w/ Pre/Post switches
- 4 stereo line-level inputs
- Built-in Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
- True hardware EQ Bypass
- "Planet-Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
- Individual 48v Phantom Power switches on all mic inputs
- 60mm Logarithmic Taper faders for smooth, linear fades
- Balanced direct outs for every channel via DB-25 connections
- Selectable Instrument inputs on first two channels--no DI box needed
Product Description from Mackie:
The Onyx 1220, 1620 and 1640 start with all-new premium analog circuitry, setting new standards for high-headroom, low-noise operation. Next up are Mackie's new Onyx mic preamps, which meet or surpass expensive esoteric standalone mic preamps in terms of fidelity and transparency. Then there's the completely new Perkins EQ circuitry, a 'neo classic' 3- and 4-band design which gives you the sweet musicality of British EQ with greater filter control and minimum phase shift (plus a true hardware EQ bypass). And all this analog innovation is rounded out by a new Aux section w/ individual Pre/Post control, plus a new Talkback section with built-in mic for easy studio communication.
In addition to balanced direct outputs on every channel via dual DB-25 connectors (a first for any small-format analog mixer), you can outfit each Onyx mixer with an optional FireWire I/O card, which lets you stream either 12 or 16 independent channels of 24-bit/96k audio, plus a stereo mix, directly to your Mac or PC. You can also monitor a stereo mix via FireWire from your computer, making the Onyx Series mixers superb audio interfaces to your digital world... or any other world you plan to rule.
Premium 16-channel small-format analog mixer with all-new circuitry 8 new ONYX mic preamps with sound comparable to boutique preamps New 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable midrange controls provides warmer, more musical sound.