- Controlled low-frequency response combined with a smooth high-frequency rise for clear and intelligible voice pickup
- Neodymium magnet for high sensitivity (6 dB improvement over previous 588SD)
- Symmetrical cardioid pickup pattern minimizes feedback
- Spherical grille provides effective filtering out of breath noise and popping when used for closeup vocals, and of wind noise when used outdoors
- Shock-mounted cartridge for quiet operation and low stand/ handling noise
- Lockable ON/OFF switch
- Dual impedance selectable by internal socket
- Break-resistant, slip-in swivel adapter for stand-mounted use
- Three-pin professional audio (XLR) connector
- Tough, steel-mesh grille resists wear from constant use and handling; die-cast handle
- Frequency response: 80 to 15,000 Hz
Product Description From Shure:
The Model 588SDX is a ball-type, dual-impedance, cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic microphone that provides excellent voice reproduction. Its spherical grille is a very effective wind and pop filter which is especially good when used for closeup vocal miking. This microphone is highly suited for speech or music pickup in schools, churches, and meeting rooms. Its unidirectional polar pattern greatly reduces feedback problems, permitting operation closer than usual to loudspeakers without the annoying squeal or howl caused by feedback.
The 588SDX is equipped with a lockable ON/OFF switch and an internal impedance selection socket located on the XLR connector for switching between high and low impedance. A slip-in swivel adapter is supplied for the convenience of stand-mounted use.