Web Statistics Software
Web statistics tools (AKA log analysers) allow you to view your server statistics in a human-friendly form, usually as a set of lists and/or graphs.
Most stats packages provide the following:
- Summaries of the most important stats such as visits, hits, bandwidth usage, referrers, etc.
- A way to select different time periods to view, e.g. daily, monthly, yearly.
- Links to more detailed statistics.
Advanced packages can include:
- User-defined time periods, i.e. view stats between certain arbitrary dates.
- Advanced graphs such as pie graphs showing the geographical location of visitors.
- The ability to define parameters such as what constitutes a unique visit.
Popular Statistics Packages
|Analog||Read Review||Website: www.analog.cx|
|AWStats||Read Review||Website: awstats.sourceforge.net|
|Google Analytics||Read Review||Website: www.google.com/analytics|
|Webalizer||Read Review||Website: www.mrunix.net/webalizer|
|VisitorVille||Read Review||Website: www.visitorville.com|
|See also: Urchin (discontinued)|