Getting Started with OpenShot
When you first launch OpenShot you'll see the default project window. There are three main panels:
- Project Files: This is where you import the various video clips and other files you wish to use in the video.
- Timeline: The area at the bottom of the screen, where you place and edit clips into the finished product.
- Video Preview: View individual clips or the output from the Timeline.
The rest of this tutorial will cover the three basic steps you need to work through to create a simple video:
- Importing video clips and other assets
- Arranging assets on the timeline
- Exporting the finished video
Note: We're in the process of creating more instructions for other tasks—please check back soon.